Tuesday, February 22, 2011

iLearn Technology - Magnoto

Inspiration for my post: http://ilearntechnology.com/?p=3662 

I head actually never heard of Magnoto until I read this blog post. At firs after reading the post I thought it sounded very similar to Facebook but after reading more about it I see that Magnoto acts more like a Wikki where a number of collaborators can post and share materials. It seems a little limiting given the fact that you can only have a maximum of four collaborators working on a document whereas something like Google Docs allows many more, however, it might be useful for classroom group projects. To me, the main attraction of this tool was the capability of adding to your page by virtue of an e-mail. I don’t know if it’s just me, but I haven’t heard of being able to do this yet and I think this option allows for so many good things. For starters, I would say this option allows for convenience, ease of access, and speed. Magnoto is only in beta right now, but I can begin to see a number of possibilities with it. I’m even thinking that it might be useful in creating the Webquests we have begun to discuss in class this week.


To sign up for a free Magnoto account please go to:
http://www.magnoto.com/


It's still in Beta version but I think it's going to have great possibilities.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lindsay,

    Interesting! I had never heard of Magnoto before this post either. It does seem a lot like other sites, with it's unique aspects here and there, but the more variety and options, the better!

    Thanks,
    Sean

    ReplyDelete